Important Ordering / Returns Information
All prices are per single item unless otherwise specified
MotoBins reserves the right to change prices without notice.
Our extensive stock and specialised order processing ensures that we can provide very fast despatch. Order can be written, telephone/faxed, Email or by the dedicated online secure web site ordering system.
Our order processing lines and shop are open between 8.45am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday. Please note that the shop is now closed weekdays between 1.00pm – 1.30pm so that the staff can be refuelled. We maintain an after hours answer phone service. Orders sent by fax or Online will be received 24hours per day. Our shop and order processing lines are closed on UK public/bank holidays and week-ends.
ORDERS & DESPATCHThe minimum order before P&P and VAT is £5.00.
UK orders received before 3pm will be despatched the same day (weekdays).
Many orders are sent overseas. For the most urgent overseas orders we can usually ensure delivery within 3-5 working days for most European cities
, 7-10 working days for the rest of the world. Remember to take a copy of our catalogue as well as your passport on your travels! We can quote for carriage to any location world-wide.
(If you need a quotation before we send the order please ask in the 'Comments' section of the order form) We will always use a carrier that insures the goods Rates will vary according to the amount of parts sent and the destination. Goods sent abroad often require extra packing. If your order is over 2kilo
weight, or over 75.00GBP cost, or over 20" (500mm length) the shipping service uses a volumetric method
of assessing the charges. We urge customers to remember we are charging the most favourable rates we can get at NET
cost by airmail insured couriers. Orders below this criteria will be posted using the small packet postal service. Please note we are not responsible for collecting any customs charges overseas, except for VAT to EEC countries.
We welcome most Credit and Debit card orders and are specially equipped to process these speedily. Please have all necessary card details ready if phoning an order through.
CARRIAGE AND DELIVERY
- Click here to view details
Usually we have over 95% of parts in stock. However, occasionally one or more parts requested may be on back order. We accept back orders for any part/s of total value of £5 or more before VAT. These back order parts will be indicated on your invoice or notified by email. Back ordered parts can be cancelled at any time prior to despatch if we are notified. Please keep the invoice for future reference.
Although every care is taken in preparing and packing your order, it may happen that parts may be damaged or even lost in the post. Damage must be reported to us immediately and the original packaging kept. Discrepancies (i.e. shortages and incorrect parts) must be reported to MotoBins within 24 hours of receipt, Overseas parcels can often take upto 3 weeks to be delivered but must be reported missing if not received within 30 days from the date of order using our enquiry's line 0044 (0)1775 680881. Email email@example.com
quote your customer reference number and the Invoice number on all correspondence. Although every effort has been made to describe parts accurately MotoBins cannot accept any responsibility for inaccuracies in this catalogue. See Guarantee/Disclaimer in CARRIAGE AND DELIVERY.
Moto-Bins will accept all returns within 7 days of your receipt of the parts without penalty. Return carriage and insurance is your responsibility. This does not infringe your statutory rights. After 7 days we reserve the right to impose a re-stocking charge of 15% for non defective parts. We will refuse any returns made after 3 months of purchase. All returns must be authorised beforehand , preferably telephone or e-mail and must be accompanied by the original invoice and a copy of any e-mail correspondance. Returned parts must be in their original condition (i.e. unused). Please address returns to "THE RETURNS DEPARTMENT" . Please mark the return package 'RETURNED UK/EEC GOODS' We suggest that you insure valuable returns with the Post Office for your own protection. Do not use our freepost address as this is for UK letters only. N.B. All credit notes are valid for a maximum of 6 months.
We have developed our own part numbers for quicker processing of orders on our computer system. Each part has a different five figure code sometimes suffixed with a letter, so its essential to quote the correct numbers if you are to receive the required parts. All descriptions by year are inclusive e.g. '00100 Service kit All Twins 1970-76' is applicable for all BMW's manufactured from the beginning of 1970 to the end of 1976.
Other parts are designated from the start of a particular year e.g. '00400 Service kit all Twins 1981 ON' is applicable for all Twins from the beginning of 1981 up to the present; Some parts are described by capacity only e.g. '16400 Cylinder Head Gasket All 1000cc Twins' is applicable to a /7,T,S,CS,RS or RT so long as it is 1000cc and a twin.
If possible please quote the relevant Part Number. If you are in doubt about the year of your BMW please quote the engine and/or frame number. Please note that where "twins"
are stated in a description without further qualification, this excludes the R1150R, R1100R and 850R
series of models. In the main section of the catalogue where parts interchange with these models you will see R1150R, R1100R and 850R
in bold print like this in the description, or 8v Twins
. Please see our sections for R850-R1150 & F650
YOUR CUSTOMER REFERENCE
Once you have ordered from us you will receive a " Customer Reference
". This is the first three letters of your name followed by a number. Every customer has a different Customer Reference and it will help us to fulfil your order quickly if you quote it. This system combines 100% accuracy in a personalised way. We hope that you will find it easy to remember but do not worry if you have forgotten it! Your Customer Reference is shown on the back cover of your catalogue and on the left hand side of each invoice.
Ordering using the Motobins SECURE* web site
* Secure when in the order form only. Note: the http changes to https when in our secure order form and a padlock appears in the information bar at the foot of the screen page.
- Start your web browser.
- Enter http://www.motobins.co.uk into the web address line of your browser.
- When the motobins web homepage appears on your screen, take a moment to notice the options across the screen and the machine selector menu on the left. Selecting your machine from the selector option will open up a picture of a machine where you can either click on the machine to select the area category you want to order from, or use the standard menu list.
- After selecting your machine. From this point do NOT use the BACK key or the ENTER/RETURN keys during the ordering process. Use the Mouse instead. ** Make sure Cookies are enabled.
- Select the area of the list that you wish to order i.e. BRAKES. Then select the area of the brake menu i.e. DISCS. Select the disc to suit the machine model year of manufacture and the options available i.e. BMW or aftermarket make. Type in the amount that you want i.e. 02. And add to the shopping cart. You can amend the amount when the items are in the shopping cart even after you put them into the cart.
- If you wish to order more parts for that or any different machine you must use the machine selector menu at the top of the page and repeat 5-6 each time.
- If you know the part number you require i.e. 02100 will select a straight oil filter. This is a good system to use if you have a part number list already made out. Alter the ‘0’ amount to your required figure and ‘Add to Shopping Cart’.
- When you have selected all the items you require select ‘Go to Checkout’ from the menu at the foot of the page. This will assemble the order for you and show what you have ordered. If you are ordering from within the UK mainland area, then Click ‘ Proceed to Secure Area’.
- If you are ordering from outside the UK mainland then please look at the options box’s and check ‘tick’ the ones that apply i.e. if you are ordering from within the EEC Europe area then only check ‘tick’ the UK Carriage rates box which will remove the UK carriage rates. If you are ordering from areas other than the EEC Europe area then check both box’s to remove both UK carriage rates and EEC VAT. Read any relevant shipping data and then click ‘ Proceed to Secure Area’
- Shipping*, (carriage, dispatch, freight) costs outside the UK Mainland are not shown on the order form but may show as ‘SHIPPING TO BE CALCULATED SEE NOTES’ because the shipping rates are governed by order volume/weight/price and we will charge you at net price for the shipping to your country, in most cases a separate shipping invoice is included with the parts order. It is not feasible to supply exact costs of how much shipping will be outside the UK in advance of taking orders. Orders over £75.00, or over 2kg, or over 20” (50cm) long will be dispatched using a courier system at our discretion. Other orders below the above criteria may be posted using the small packet mail post system. You have to have read and check (tick) the ‘I Accept’ EXPORT shipping condition box.
- *If you need the carriage/shipping charges quoted before dispatch, then you have to ‘Accept’ the shipping conditions in the secure area and then use the ‘comments’ section of the order form to ask for a ‘SHIPPING QUOTE’ before charging your card. We will then assemble the order and send a shipping quote and wait for your authorization. (DOUBLE CHECK YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS because if you type this wrong our reply will be rejected and you will not hear from us at all)
- Click ‘Proceed to Secure Area’ and you are then in the SECURE* order form where you enter the details requested on the form. You can use the TAB key to go from field to field (or shift TAB to go back in the order form). Check your details and then click 'SEND ORDER’ at the foot of the page. Your order form is now on the way to Motobins. Now an order is made you will receive a summary of your order (print it out if required), also a reply from our main server (within seconds) by email giving you an order number (just note the first 5 digits), and the order summary. If you do not receive an automated reply then perhaps the email address you gave is incorrect and we advise you to email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask if we received an order in your name, giving short details of the order. (Please note: Motobins Ltd do not under any circumstances pass on your personal secure information to any other party or organization)
- Payment is by CREDIT OR DEBIT CARDS only online, please ensure you include all the card information required on the order form. We do not accept Money transfers by any method.
- We will process the order and despatch it to you by the most fair and safe method possible. All orders are insured against damage or loss. We will not email / contact you further unless we have a question regarding your order.
- Adding to orders is not always possible once an order has been received by Motobins. If you wish to add to order then please make out another order form and ask in the comments section if it is possible to add to the existing order. If we can we will, otherwise we will send the additional order separately and postage shipping charges will have to be charged.
- If you have any sensible comments where our service can be improved please email to email@example.com
Regards from, The MotoBins Online Team